Not really. While it is a sin I couldn’t eat the whole slab of dry-aged NY sirloin at The Steak House in Treasure Island, that’s the only sin I committed yesterday. Well, on second thought, let’s review the tape against the 7 Deadly Sins:
- Lust – Hmmm…not a good start. I did think about how hot that hostess was…more than once.
- Gluttony – It’s all relative, but the meal began with a mixed greens salad with Roma tommy’s and 3 olives soaking in Bombay gin. The aforementioned NY strip was ordered medium (it arrived more medium-rare, but with a glorious bulb of roasted garlic as a garnish…) with grilled asparagus with a glass of Chappellet Mountain Cuvee. No app, spud or desert…
- Greed – John from Seattle was my waiter. John appeared to be doing the waiter gig as a retiree, but I didn’t ask. The bill was $91.00 and I left John from Seattle $20.
- Sloth – Nope. Upon arrival, I hit up Wet for a couple hours of weights, abs and stairs, followed by a Jacuzzi, dry and wet sauna.
- Wrath – Uh, no. After Wet, I was about as wrathful as overdone fettuccine.
- Envy – I’ll admit, upon seeing some very attractive women with seemingly dopey men, I wondered why this dopey guy doesn’t have one. Wikipedia states Dante defined this as “love of one’s own good perverted to a desire to deprive other men of theirs.” I see.
- Pride – I’ll cite Wikipedia again for their described “excessive love of self.” No, there was none of that, but my eyesight is getting kinda bad.