Orbiting the sun seemed to take a little longer this year, but the calendar says it clocked the usual 365, and here we are, right back where we started on Megan’s birthday. Seventeen. While shopping yesterday, I considered picking up a copy of “Seventeen,” but she’s way past that. On this day, she’s got maturity as an accessory to go along with her intelligence, beauty and humor. Happy Birthday, my girl.
For fifteenkey’s first birthday, we’ll have some Similac and strained bananas. Mmmmm good. Over the weekend I looked back to find posts that were interesting, important or still humorous to me. Here’s ten of them and one for good luck.
- Got a Minute?
- When I pretend to Touch You, You Pretend to Feel
- Inject Emotion
- Lost Luggage at Starbucks
- “About Five-Hundred Feet”
- Another Ass-Kicking for Cancer
- In the Face of a Lawyer
- Soggy Off-Season
- The Evil Powers of Rock and Roll
- “First prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you’re fired.”