- Worked on some day job stuff
- Paid bills and filed forms due for my son
- Completed and submitted Federal and State taxes for 2022
- Prepped Pasta Fagioli and Bolognese sauce for the week
It seems I’m in a pre-surgery “nesting” phase, but I did not:
- Wash and fold all your clothes, towels, and sheets – Nope. Beth loves to do that!
- Deep clean all areas in your bathroom – I pay Fran for that
- Purge unwanted items that do not spark joy – See “bills” above
- Finish any incomplete home projects – That’s not happening either…
You see, my right hip is in what professionals call a “bone on bone” state, and while it’s painful and debilitating, based on what I read online, my symptoms aren’t nearly as bad as some suffer, though since… Well, I often like to quote lyrics in my posts, so:
The foot bone’s connected to the leg bone.
The leg bone’s connected to the knee bone.
The knee bone’s connected to the thigh bone.
The thigh bone’s connected to the hip bone.
The hip bone’s connected to the backbone.
The backbone’s connected to the neck bone.
Doin’ the skeleton dance.
See, with all those connections, having a bum hip really rules out any kind of dancin’ and many other activities we humans enjoy, including home projects. However, for the record, I did snowblow and shovel the 21 wet and heavy inches we got dumped on us last Tuesday, so there.
Anyway, my surgeon did a great job replacing the left joint back in September and I’m hoping for a repeat performance on Tuesday. Incredibly, anterior hip replacement surgery is an outpatient procedure for yours truly, so by Tuesday night I’ll be lampin’ like Larry and Leon here and ridin’ my bike a couple of months later. See you on the other side, Slick.