A look at the sports headlines tells how sad a world it has become:
- Federal grand jury indicts Barry Bonds – I stand by my disputed contention that hitting it on the screws 762 times off major league pitchers is quite a feat, but cheatin’ Barry’s going down.
- ‘Pacman’ Jones plea deal set in Vegas – This guy gives a bad name to a classic video game.
- Jeter, New York State in tax dispute – They’d never go after their golden boy if this wasn’t legit.
The news isn’t all bad:
- Dolphins welcome Williams back to team – Ricky has been banned for smoking weed, but if you’ve ever seen his “60 minutes’ interview, you know he’s no dummy. Now pay your child support, asshole.
- Bibles allowed in China Olympic village – Religious tolerance in China is a good sign even though their smog is going to be the story.
- A-Rod, Yanks discuss $275 million deal – 10 more years of regular season glory for “Mr. May.”
In other news… I watched the entire Democratic debate last night. If Hillary Clinton is elected president, it will be a remarkable achievement. Last night she was asked about “the gender card,” her comments regarding the “old boys club,” and incredulously whether she preferred diamonds or pearls! I believe it’s more a case of her being “Hillary Clinton” than of being a woman, but she is being held to a much higher standard than any of her peers… and prevailing. I wonder if Dick Cheney is in his secluded location planning the coup with Blackwater for when she wins a year from now?
Leave a Reply